[KYOTO] Nishiki Market Food Tour
3 hours walking tour to explore the tastes of local foods in Nishiki Market and its surrounding area
10:00-13:00 (3 hrs)
In Nishiki Market and its surrounding area, there are many local food shops, restaurants and cafes, both old and new, which have been loved by locals but most tourists just walk past because no one explains. This tour makes it happen that people can truly 'experience' local food culture and meet proud local people behind it.
- Learn the history of Nishiki Market in Kyoto which is more than 1200 years old
- Taste various types of unique Japanese foods in Nishiki Market
- Local supermarket who sells quality and unique foods from small and medium food businesses all over Japan
- Japanese chocolate shop which pursues to make 'chocolate that fits Japan', which has more than 10 shops in Japan and has history of more than 15 years
- Food court of department store where you find thousands of foods
Tasting of some local foods (bread, chocolate, egg roll, sashimi, deep-fried vegetable or fish, Inari Sushi, croquette, gyoza or karaage, taiyaki)
- Some shops may be closed and we substitute in that case.
- If you have dietary requirements, we find something else you can try!
|1 person||2~3 persons||4~8 persons|
|Adult (over 13 years old ~)||8500 yen||8000 yen||7500 yen|
|Child (6 ~ 12 years old)||5000 yen||5000 yen||5000 yen|
|Child (5 years old or less)||Free of charge||Free of charge||Free of charge|
Meeting place and time
Karasuma Oike station (Exit 5) at 10:00am
● more than 7 days before – 100% refund
● 2-6 days before – 80% refund
● 1 day before – 50% refund
● No show and ‘on the day’ cancellation – Non-refundable