Learn more about the history and culture of Nishiki Market in central Kyoto with our experienced cooking instructors. After 1.5 hours of guided walking tour, walk 2 minutes to our Kawaramachi studio and cook your choice of donburi (rice bowl meal - choice of tempura, chicken & egg, or seafood) by ingredients which you purchase in the tour.
* Kyoto Nishiki Market Food Tour is currently offered on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Private tour request may be accepted any day.
Highlight of the Tour
- Learn the history of Nishiki Market in Kyoto which is more than 1200 years old
- Taste various types of unique Japanese foods in the market tour
- Cook your favorite Donburi meal with miso soup at our studio
What is Donburi?
Donburi is rice bowl dish with meat and/or vegetables on top of rice. You can find many restaurant that has donburi in their menu or some of them just focus on specific type of donburi, such as Tendon (tempura), Kaisendon (seafood) or Gyudon (beef). In this tour, you can choose which you want to try at the beginning of tour and we buy the ingredients in the tour.
- Tendon - tempura donburi（天丼） * Vegetarian option possible
- Oyakodon - chicken & egg donburi（親子丼）
- Kaisendon - seafood donburi（海鮮丼）
10:00 Meet at Cooking Sun Kawaramachi Studio
10:15 - 11:45 Tour of Nishiki Market
11:45 - 12:30 Cook your Donburi meal
12:30 - 13:00 Eating time
- Tour cost
- Ingredients cost for donburi
- Extra food that you may want to eat on your own
- Tasting of 3 different sake (500 yen)
|1 person||2~3 persons||4~8 persons|
|Adult (over 13 years old ~)||7800 yen||7500 yen||7200 yen|
|Child (6 ~ 12 years old)||5000 yen||5000 yen||5000 yen|
|Child (5 years old or less)||Free of charge||Free of charge||Free of charge|
Cooking Sun Kawaramachi Studio（Cooking Sun河原町スタジオ）
Sakaicho 473, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto (Meiji 1010 Bldg. 3F)
In Japanese 〒604-8065 京都市中京区 麩屋町通蛸薬師上る坂井町473
7 minutes walk from Kawaramachi station
10 minutes walk from Shijo or Karasama station
● more than 7 days before – 100% refund
● 2-6 days before – 80% refund
● 1 day before – 50% refund
● No show and ‘on the day’ cancellation – Non-refundable