Join our 5 Day Course with Professional Chef in June 2017!
- To see details of the course, go to June 14 in below calendar and see 'Details'.
- To reserve your seat, go to 'Book Now' and proceed.
Date: 14 - 18 June 2017
Rate: 68,000 yen / per person
Length: 4.5 hours per day
- Enjoy flavorful Japanese seasoning
- Know the deeper aspect of Dashi
- Learn cutting skills
- Noodles and rice bowl - Donburi
- Be a master chef! Try Kaiseki
This is a great opportunity to learn more advanced Japanese cooking from professional Japanese chef! Hone your skills and be a master chef!
Each day has a main topic to focus on and you will cook 4 to 6 dishes.
Class topics and menus:
Day 1: Enjoy flavorful Japanese seasoning
Japanese seasonings are basically made from rice and soy beans, and most of them are fermented. It is very important to keep the flavor of ingredients when adding seasonings. You will learn the tip to season well and how to combine with various ingredients.
- Deep fried chicken – Karaage
- Simmered fish in broth – Nizakana
- Vegetable salad with miso
- Grilled rice ball – Yaki Onigiri
- Vegetable soup
Day 2: Know the deeper aspect of Dashi
Surely you already know very well about Dashi, the key broth in Japanese cuisine. In our regular class, we just prepare bonito and kelp dashi, the very basic one. This time you will learn different types of dashi as well, using different ingredients and combine each dashi with the best ingredients for it. Enjoy the deeper aspect of Japanese cuisine.
- Steamed Egg Custard – Chawnmushi
- Braised beef and tofu – Nikudofu
- Simmered vegetables and mushroom – Chikuzenni
- Miso soup – Miso siru
- Dashi steamed rice with seasonal ingredients – Takikomi gohan
Day 3: Learn cutting skills
You will cut a fish from scratch and fillet it to make sashimi and sushi. Chef will show you tips. You will also learn how to cut vegetables into many shapes, including fancy ones which is called “Kazarigiri”. Surely your presentation will be elevated!
- Nigiri Sushi
- Red miso soup – Akadashi
- Simmered vegetables – Nimono
Day 4: Don’t miss it! Noodles and Rice bowl – Donburi
Noodles and rice bowl (Donburi) dishes are inevitable in Japanese food culture. Let’s make Soba noodle from scratch! You will also learn how to cook rice in a pot because the rice is the key to make tasty rice bowl dishes.
- Soba soup
- Chicken and egg on the rice – Oyako don
- Cooked rice in a po
Day 5: Be a master chef! Try Kaiseki
Using the technique and knowledge you learn, let’s try making Kaiseki, a traditional Japanese dinner! You will be proud of yourself after the class!
- Miso glazed fish – Saikyo yaki
- Steamed shrimp dumpling – Ebi Dango
- Mixed vegetables tempura – Kakiage
- Simmered Vegetable – Nimono
- Dashi based clear soup – Osuimono
- Green tea- Matcha
*Menus may be slightly changed.
Date: June 14th to 18th, 2017
Time: 13:30 – 18:00/day
- In case there are less than 4 participants, we may hold a few lessons in 18:00 – 22:30.
Rate: 68,000 yen /per person It is possible to book three days of it with 48,000 yen.
Class size: Maximum 8 people
Venue: Cooking Sun KYOTO Studio
- Deposit of 38,000 yen when you make reservation.
- Balance to be paid on the first day.
- more than a monthbefore – 100% refund
- 2 weeks before – 50% refund
- No show and ‘on the day’ cancellation – Non-refundable