Date: PLEASE CONTACT US YOUR PREFERRED DATES
Time: 14:00 – 18:30/day
Class size: Minimum 4 pax ~ Maximum 12 pax
- For a mini group of less than 3 pax, class can be held by paying 4 pax course fee
Venue: Cooking Sun KYOTO Studio
|Participants||Rate per person|
- 5 days lesson fee and ingredients costs are all included
Enquire us at email@example.com
We ask full payment by credit card or bank transfer after confirming the dates.
- more than a month before – 100% refund
- 2 weeks before – 50% refund
- 1 week before – no refund
This course is for individuals and small groups who want to learn more advanced Japanese cuisine from professional chef! Hone your skills and be a master chef!
Each day has a main topic to focus on and you will cook 4 to 6 dishes.
Day 1: Enjoy flavorful Japanese seasoning
Japanese seasonings are basically made from rice and soy beans, and most of them are fermented. It is very important to keep the flavor of ingredients when adding seasonings. You will learn the tip to season well and how to combine with various ingredients.
- Deep fried chicken – Karaage
- Simmered fish in broth – Nizakana
- Vegetable salad with miso
- Grilled rice ball – Yaki Onigiri
- Vegetable soup with the sake lees (leftover from sake production) – Kasujiru
Day 2: Know the deeper aspect of Dashi
Surely you already know very well about Dashi, the key broth in Japanese cuisine. In our regular class, we just prepare bonito and kelp dashi, the very basic one. This time you will learn different types of dashi as well, using different ingredients and combine each dashi with the best ingredients for it. Enjoy the deeper aspect of Japanese cuisine.
- Steamed Egg Custard – Chawnmushi
- Braised beef and tofu – Nikudofu
- Simmered vegetables and mushroom – Chikuzenni
- Miso soup Miso siru
- Dashi steamed rice with seasonal ingredients – Takikomi gohan
Day 3: Learn cutting skills
You will cut a fish from scratch and fillet it to make sashimi and sushi. Chef will show you tips. You will also learn how to cut vegetables into many shapes, including fancy ones which is called “Kazarigiri”. Surely your presentation will be elevated!
- Nigiri Sushi
- Red miso soup – Akadashi
- Simmered vegetables – Nimono
Day 4: Don’t miss it! Noodles and Rice bowl – Donburi
Noodles and rice bowl (Donburi) dishes are inevitable in Japanese food culture. Let’s make Soba noodle from scratch! You will also learn how to cook rice in a pot because the rice is the key to make tasty rice bowl dishes.
- Soba soup
- Chicken and egg on the rice – Oyako don
- Cooked rice in a pot
Day 5: Be a master chef! Try Kaiseki
Using the technique and knowledge you learn, let’s try making Kaiseki, a traditional Japanese dinner! You will be proud of yourself after the class!
- Miso glazed fish – Saikyo yaki
- Steamed shrimp dumpling – Ebi shinjou
- Mixed vegetables tempura – Kakiage
- Simmered pumpkin – Kabocha nimono
- Dashi based clear soup – Osuimono
- Green tea- Matcha
*Course contents can be customized to serve your special needs and interests.